Pencombe & Little Cowarne Parish Hall is a charitable community facility available to the public, specifically for the benefit of all residents of Pencombe and Little Cowarne. The hall is intended as the hub for general use by the local community and to assist with their fundraising activities and events.
The hall is also available for hire by individuals and organisations from outside the Civil Parish.
The hall is managed and run by the hall trustees. The complete trustee body consists of up to twelve people who are appointed annually – five elected members and seven representative members nominated by village organisations who use the hall. All members are trustees for the hall whether they are elected or nominated representatives. The trustees have the power to co-opt people to be trustees if insufficient trustees are appointed at the AGM.
Currently the following people are trustees:
Elected or co-opted trustees:
- Andrew Mottram - (chair & bookings) elected
- Alison Maynard - (secretary) elected
- Susan Drew - (treasurer) elected
- Nick Stannard - (building) elected
- Emily Barrett - elected
Nominated local representatives
- Monica Clarke - WI and Natter Chatter Club rep
- Colin Hadley - Parish Council and PYFC rep
- Janet Legge - Little Cowarne PCC rep
- Pencombe school PTA - revolving representative
VERY VERSATILE!, VERY AFFORADABLE!
Our parish hall is an ideal venue for a wide range of social, educational and business functions and events.
It is one of the largest venues in the area.