Thank you to all who responded to the User Survey
Thank you to everyone who completed and returned the survey sent out by the trustees in December 2018. We were delighted with the number of responses received.
The winner of the prize donated by Colin Hadley of Oven Wizards was Celia Barrett
Survey Result Headlines
- 53 households sent a reply which is the equivalent of a 20% response rate. Most surveys receive fewer than 10% replies so we are encouraged that so many of you are concerned about the future of your village hall.
- 90% of respondents are regular users of the Hall
- There is overwhelming support for increased usage of the hall.
- There were very positive reviews given to the main hall and the new furniture.
- 85% of regular users believe the kitchen facilities need improvement. 80% believe improving the kitchen is a moderate to high priority. China and glassware also attract comment.
- 37% think improving parkingis a top priority and some suggestions were made to support this.
- 50% agreed access to the school fieldwas a moderate to high priority for specific events.
- Bar facilitiesand outside lightingalso attract comment
- 94% of respondents agreed to support future fundraising efforts to maintain and improve the hall
- 92% agreed a portion of the parish precept be used to support maintenance and improvement of the hall.
The Trustees have agreed to work with the community and the Parish Council to address the matters raised in the survey. Plans are underway to address issues identified with the roof structure and improve the kitchen facilities.
A number of fund raising activities have been identified including grant applications, community activities, increased and improved marketing and Parish Council support.